AAQEP Bylaws (PDF)
Travel Policy for Site Visits
For on-site quality assurance reviews, the following guidance applies unless other arrangements are made to accommodate the host institution/provider’s policies.
- Once the Quality Review Team composition is confirmed, AAQEP and the provider conduct a logistics call to determine what transportation is needed (e.g., rental car) and what meals will be covered by visitors (rather than supplied by the provider or the hotel), among other details.
- The provider arranges the hotel and pays for it directly.
- Travelers book their own air or ground travel at least 6 weeks in advance and forward receipts to AAQEP along with documentation of mileage for any segments of the trip to be completed in a personal vehicle. Any fares over $500 must be approved in advance by AAQEP. (Please be respectful of providers’ expenses and honor AAQEP’s founding principle of frugality!)
- AAQEP calculates GSA costs for all travelers (such as for mileage and any meals not covered by the provider) and bills the institution for the sum of that estimate and the amounts in Section C above.
- Prior to the site visit, AAQEP issues each traveler a check for air/ground travel reimbursement and the per diem allotment. Note: Travelers should retain their receipts. If their costs exceed the per diem allowance, they can submit receipts to AAQEP for reimbursement. If their costs are fully covered, AAQEP does not need the receipts.
- Travelers who book a rental car must secure insurance, either automatic coverage through their personal insurance or credit card or purchased coverage from the rental agency. Such expense is reimbursable by AAQEP if it exceeds the travel advance.
- Changes to travel arrangements are sometimes unavoidable. Travelers should contact AAQEP prior to making any changes that would impact the cost of the trip. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs if changes are made without first consulting AAQEP.
- If a traveler is unable to complete a planned trip, any travel advance and airfare refunds associated with that trip must be returned to AAQEP.