TPA Collaboration Day at Hofstra University
Date(s): December 14, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM EST - 3:00 PM EST
AAQEP TPA Collaboration Day at Hofsta University
A facilitated conversation about the development, implementation, validation, and calibration of teacher candidate performance assessments
Join AAQEP staff and NYS teacher preparation colleagues to consider:
- Characteristics of effective teacher performance assessment (along with a brief history)
- Multiple perspectives
- Lessons (positive and negative) from recent TPA experiences
- Strategies for ensuring the validity of TPAs, including alignment with:
- NYS teaching standards
- NYSED’s culturally responsive-sustaining education framework
- NYSED’s TPA definition (including multiple measures)
- Accreditation standards
- Your TPA drafts and roll-out strategies
- How to ensure calibration among raters including engagement with local P-12 partners
- Participants’ experiences to-date in piloting TPAs, including revision of prior TPAs
- How best to scaffold implementation and collaborate on calibration
- NYSED staff will participate remotely for Q&A during the afternoon
This meeting is being hosted by Hofstra University and is open to anyone for registration. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
$75 per person (AAQEP member rate); $95 per person (nonmember rate)
Coffee and lunch will be provided.
Group Discount: Institutions/organizations that register 6 or more individuals at one time receive a 20% discount. Please contact Jennifer Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with group registrations.
Cancellation requests made to email@example.com at least one week before the event start date will be issued a full refund minus a $20 processing fee.
Face masks are optional at this time.