2021 Quality Assurance Symposium
Registration is now open for the 2021 AAQEP Quality Assurance Symposium, to be held entirely online, February 23-25, 2021 (previously planned to be in Seattle, WA).
$175 per person (AAQEP member)
$225 per person (nonmember)
15% discount for 6 or more registrants from the same institution/organization
In response to uncertainty around travel in the coming months, the 2021 AAQEP Quality Assurance Symposium will shift from its one-day, in-person format to a fully virtual conference spread across 3 days. Registration for this annual meeting is open to both members and nonmembers. The overall focus is on AAQEP accreditation and the various practices, processes, and policies related to quality assurance and improvement in educator preparation.
The schedule will include a mixture of live and recorded/on-demand plenary sessions, member meetings, concurrent breakouts presented by staff, and peer-reviewed poster, paper, and panel sessions submitted through the call for proposals. Most live sessions will be conducted between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. PST (2:00-5:00 p.m. EST), with prerecorded content and other opportunities available throughout the event.
Three types of sessions are being selected by peer review:
- Presentations (45-minute activity plus Q&A; max total of 60 minutes)
- Panels (60-minute panel discussion plus Q&A; max total of 75 minutes)
- Posters (15-minute prerecorded slide presentation with voiceover narration; Q&A time and format to be determined)
These sessions will address one or more of the following topics:
- Lessons from current AAQEP members drawn from their experience with the accreditation process, standards, and evidence expectations
- Perspectives on working with state agencies, local schools/districts, and other partners
- Current research in an area related to quality assurance and improvement in educator preparation
- Strategies for solving persistent challenges such as obtaining/analyzing data from various sources, improving selection and support of candidates in the program, tracking graduates into the field, addressing local schools’ staffing needs, etc.
- Strategies for solving new challenges such as transitioning to fully online delivery models, offering alternative clinical experiences for candidates, and dealing with disruptions to data collection
- Assessments, tools, or other resources being used to measure, advance, and document program quality
See the Call for Proposals (PDF) for more information about the symposium. Specific program information will be updated on this page as it becomes available.
Looking for details from the 2020 Quality Assurance Symposium? Download the program here.
AAQEP is grateful for the support of Educational Testing Service as Charter Sponsor for the Quality Assurance Symposium.
The AAQEP Events Committee makes this symposium possible: