Members-Only Resources (must be logged in to view)
- Free Webinars for Members
- Accreditation Proposals
- Quality Assurance Reports
- Site Visit Essentials
- Notes on the AAQEP Internal Audit (PDF)
2021 Annual Report
- Member Guidance on Representing Your AAQEP Affiliation (PDF; includes logos and website language for members not yet accredited)
- Timeline – AAQEP Quality Assurance Process (PDF)
- Program Specification Table for AAQEP Accreditation (Word template)
- Aspect-Evidence Index to the Quality Assurance Report (Word template)
- Site Visit Observers – Q&A for Providers (PDF)
- Site Visit Observers – Q&A for Observers (PDF)
- AAQEP Travel Policy for Site Visitors
- Substantive Change Policy and notification form, for use by accredited members
Templates Used by Peer Reviewers
Site Visit FAQs
A: Quality Review Teams normally range in size from 3 to 5 individuals, varying to meet the size and complexity of the program(s) under review. Each team includes a local practitioner, a team lead, and at least one other peer reviewer. Teams are generally on site for 2 to 3 days (see Sample Site Visit Schedule).
A: A local practitioner is a practicing or recently retired educator who is nominated by the provider to serve on the Quality Review Team. The local practitioner completes AAQEP’s volunteer training (Modules 1 and 3) and is a full member of the review team, contributing a deep knowledge of the providers’ programs, local school dynamics, and the state education system. See this document for guidelines on selecting a local practitioner.
A: Site visit costs include a flat fee ($10,000 for the 2022-23 academic year; $11,000 for 2023-24) plus travel expenses for members of the Quality Review Team.
The flat site visit fee covers visit-related staff time, volunteer training, technology, and administration costs. Half of the fee is paid a year in advance to secure the visit dates; the other half is due 30 days prior to the visit.
Travel costs are invoiced after the visit and include QRT members’ airfare and/or ground transportation, incidentals, and per diem, in accordance with AAQEP’s travel policy. On average, the travel invoice for 2 reviewers totals $2,500-$3,000. The travel expenses invoice does not cover anything the provider pays for directly (e.g., on-site meals, lodging).
A: Multiple QARs can be reviewed in the same visit, in which case you will pay just one site visit fee. But each QAR generally requires its own review team, and even a complex single QAR may require an additional member or two on a team—which means your travel expenses may be higher than those for providers with a single QAR and simpler review. If you choose to have an entirely separate review for one or more programs, an additional site visit fee may apply.
A: If you need to change your site visit dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. There is no charge to change site visit dates.