AAQEP is honored to partner with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) to support educator preparation providers in preparing teachers to thrive in digital classrooms of a post-COVID world.
AAQEP and ISTE, the premier professional organization and standard-setter for technology in education at all levels, invite AAQEP members and other providers to focus on:
- Accelerating innovation in educator preparation
- Supporting collaboration between school districts and educator preparation programs
- Preparing new teachers with the foundational skills needed to use technology to be successful in in-person, online, and blended learning environments
For 2022, programs can participate in this work by committing to the EPP Digital Equity and Transformation Pledge. The dean or equivalent lead administrator of an EPP can sign the pledge on behalf of their programs to signal their support for the vision to:
- Prepare teachers to thrive in digital learning environments.
- Prepare teachers to use technology to pursue ongoing professional learning.
- Prepare teachers to apply frameworks to accelerate transformative digital learning.
- Equip all faculty to continuously improve expertise in technology for learning.
- Collaborate with school leaders to identify shared digital teaching competencies.
Signing the pledge lets you participate at no cost in the EPPs for Digital Equity and Transformation Network, providing peer connections to help one another build the capacity of their faculty, update curricula to accelerate digital learning, and ensure candidates have practical experience in using technology effectively for teaching. Options for additional supports and professional development will be available at a discount for AAQEP members who choose to pursue them.