A Collaborative Process to Support Improvement and Innovation
Like all of you, AAQEP is navigating new waters in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Our first concern is with each person’s health and safety, and we recognize that everyone is confronting unexpected new demands on their time and attention.
Please be assured that AAQEP is open for business and ready to continue serving you. All of our staff already work remotely, and our standard systems and processes remain unchanged. We are also deeply grateful for the continued engagement of our dedicated volunteers as their own work lives become more challenging. In light of these challenges and the need to restrict travel, we recognize that some deadlines and especially in-person events will need to be adjusted.
For everyone’s safety, no staff will engage in AAQEP travel, and AAQEP will not be conducting site visits in person for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. Instead, staff are working with host campuses and volunteer reviewers to arrange for activities to be conducted remotely, although some may need to be postponed. We already have experience running virtual interviews, meetings, and other activities that a visit entails, and we understand the need to keep reviews on schedule whenever possible. Please contact the Accreditation Coordinator with any questions about quality assurance review schedules.
AAQEP also realizes that institutional and state responses to the health crisis have disrupted classes and clinical experiences for educator candidates. We recognize the need to prioritize safety and health considerations, and to adhere to state and local decisions regarding social distancing and changes in schedules. As course delivery and even clinical placements move online, AAQEP encourages you to work with local partners in keeping with state directives. Any short-term program alterations made as a result of the public health situation will be respected.
Please contact your AAQEP Liaison with any specific questions regarding your program.
FREE Introductory Webinars
- September 9, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
- November 9, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST
3-Hour Virtual Workshops
- July 21 – Ensuring Data Quality and Equity I: Developing Meaningful Measures
- July 22 – Ensuring Data Quality and Equity II: Implementing a Trustworthy Evidence System
- September 15 – Making the Case for Quality I: Candidate/Completer Performance
- September 16 – Making the Case for Quality II: Program Practices
- October 7 – Ensuring Data Quality and Equity I: Developing Meaningful Measures
- October 8 – Ensuring Data Quality and Equity II: Implementing a Trustworthy Evidence System