Emerging Leaders Seminar
The Emerging Leaders Seminar supports the professional development of faculty and staff who are new to their leadership role in accreditation.
Undertaking this work can be challenging: “accreditation preparation” is not part of academic programs. Most individuals with responsibility for leading accreditation efforts are left to learn the role on the job.
During this 2-day seminar, you will learn about:
- Common practices, processes, concepts, and vocabulary for quality assurance
- A conceptual framework for approaching program evaluation and accreditation
- Where to begin, and how to prioritize and lead the work
- How to identify and deploy key resources, stakeholders, and actions
- Effective ways to organize the people and the process
- How to manage data collection, analysis, and reporting
Practical attention will be given to AAQEP’s system, but the principles will apply to any professional programmatic accreditation process. As you engage with peers and seminar faculty in both structured activities and informal conversations, you'll also begin building a network of professional colleagues for ongoing connection and support.
Leave with an action plan and the confidence to successfully engage in this work.
Emerging Leaders Faculty
Director of Professional Learning, AAQEP
Teaching Professor and Accreditation Officer, Skidmore College (NY)
Director of Member Services, AAQEP
Associate Dean for Accreditation and Undergraduate Studies, College of Education and Human Services, Utah State University